Customize Your Headjoint
Select the headjoint that best fits your needs and rest assured that you will be getting an instrument rich with tonal colors and dynamic in its responsiveness.Responding to the feedback of flutists, we have developed the most comprehensive selection of headjoints available. Several styles are available in a variety of metals to customize the sound and response of the flute. The price of each Miyazawa flute includes the player's choice of headjoint style. Miyazawa headjoints are also available for separate purchase.
- Modern style design with an open, warm sound. Works well for flutists with a fast airstream and very relaxed embouchure. Plenty of harmonics and projection characterize this headjoint cut.
- Modern style headjoint with a generous amount of "spin." Consistent tone and response throughout the registers. Designed for flutists with a very fast airstream and who seek a powerful sound with a large, controlled dynamic range.
- Modern style headjoint with a well-defined rectangular shaped embouchure hole. Generally works best for flutists who direct their airstream far downward with a wide aperture.
- A modern version of a traditional style headjoint. Characterized by a dark sound, generous resistance, increased depth, as well as a rich tonal palette. Works well for those who use their air-speed to direct the sound.
- Allows the player to put a large volume of air through the flute, achieving a full and powerful sound. Characterized by plenty of lower partials anchoring the sound while maintaining color and richness of the tonal palette